samedi 5 décembre 2020

The Black Flamingo | Dean Atta


Résumé : 

Fiercely told, this is a timely coming-of-age story, told in verse about the journey to self-acceptance. Perfect for fans of Sarah Crossan, Poet X and Orangeboy.

A boy comes to terms with his identity as a mixed-race gay teen - then at university he finds his wings as a drag artist, The Black Flamingo. A bold story about the power of embracing your uniqueness. Sometimes, we need to take charge, to stand up wearing pink feathers - to show ourselves to the world in bold colour.

Voici une traduction personnelle du résumé ci-dessus :

TRADUCTION A VENIR


Extrait : 

I am the black flamingo.
The black flamingo is me
trying to find myself.
This book is a fairy tale
in which I am the prince
and the princess. I am
the king and the queen.
I am my own wicked
witch and fairy godmother.

This book is a fairy tale
in which I'm cursed
and blessed by others.

But, finally, I am the fairy
finding my own magic.


--------


When female
flamingos lay eggs in
the zoo, the eggs are taken
from them and put into incubators.
The zoo keepers give dummy eegs
to flamingo couples to nest with, while
the zookeepers watch their behaviour
to figure out who will make the best
flamingo parents. When the incubated
eggs are almost ready to hatch they
decide which couple will be given
normal eggs and which will be
left with those that never
contained precious life.


Voici une traduction personnelle de l'extrait ci-dessus :

TRADUCTION A VENIR


Extrait du prologue


Mon avis : 

AVIS A VENIR

Ma note :

17/20


Infos complémentaires :

Genre : Poésie, Young Adult
Editions : Hodder
Date de parution : 2020 
Nombre de pages : 366

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire