samedi 5 décembre 2020

A Court of Wings and Ruin | Sarah J. Maas


Tome 3 de A Court of Thorns and Roses

ATTENTION LA CHRONIQUE RISQUE DE CONTENIR DES SPOILERS !


Résumé : 

Feyre has returned to the Spring Court, determined to gather information on Tamlin's manoeuvrings and the invading king threatening to bring Prythian to its knees. But to do so she must play a deadly game of deceit – and one slip may spell doom not only for Feyre, but for her world as well.

As war bears down upon them all, Feyre must decide who to trust amongst the dazzling and lethal High Lords – and hunt for allies in unexpected places.

Voici une traduction personnelle du résumé ci-dessus :

TRADUCTION A VENIR


Extrait : 

The painting was a lie.

A bright, pretty lie, bursting with pale pink blooms and fat beams of sunshine.

I’d begun it yesterday, an idle study of the rose garden lurking beyond the open windows of the studio. Through the tangle of thorns and satiny leaves, the brighter green of the hills rolled away into the distance.

Incessant, unrelenting spring.

If I’d painted this glimpse into the court the way my gut had urged me, it would have been flesh-shredding thorns, flowers that choked off the sunlight for any plants smaller than them, and rolling hills stained red.

But each brushstroke on the wide canvas was calculated; each dab and swirl of blending colors meant to portray not just idyllic spring, but a sunny disposition as well. Not too happy, but gladly, finally healing from horrors I carefully divulged.

I supposed that in the past weeks, I had crafted my demeanor as intricately as one of these paintings. I supposed that if I had also chosen to show myself as I truly wished, I would have been adorned with flesh-shredding talons, and hands that choked the life out of those now in my company. I would have left the gilded halls stained red.

But not yet.

Not yet, I told myself with every brushstroke, with every move I’d made these weeks. Swift revenge helped no one and nothing but my own, roiling rage.

Voici une traduction personnelle de l'extrait ci-dessus :

TRADUCTION A VENIR 


Extrait du chapitre 1 : Feyre


Mon avis : 

AVIS A VENIR

Ma note :

16/20


Infos complémentaires :

Genre : Fantasy, Romance
Editions : Bloomsbury
Date de parution : 2017
Nombre de pages : 699

Une version française existe aux éditions La Martinière Jeunesse, traduite par Anne Judith Descombey sous le titre Un palais de cendres et de ruines (2019).

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire